fan shroud

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: fan shroud
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 21:00:25 -0700
    We're trying to get my buddy's Tiger (sleeping since '81!) to TU on the
28th.  He had a 289 2-barrel in it before with no fan shroud and claims to
have never run hot.  "New" engine (it runs, don't ask embarrassing questions)
is a 289 w/F4B and a Carter.  Cam unknown, but idles pretty smoothly so
probably not too hot.  We've yet to keep it running long enough to find out if
it's going to over heat, but with this much time left, his test run may be to
the meet itself.  Has anyone here run without a fan shoud successfully.  Has
anyone got one they'd sell reasonably?  Has anyone modified a relatively easy
to find Pick 'N Pull shroud from something else that worked?
    Limping to Mammoth, looking to run!

                       Chris Hill

P.S. -- Mk 1A seems to have a different slant on the car's upper shroud
mounting surface where the two smaller bolts or screws secure it, parallel to
the ground with a depression in the sheet metal to accomplish this.  My
buddy's '64 has no depression and therefore the upper mounting surface is
angled.  Is this an artifact of "Sunbeam What....?" style body work or is
there a difference in the cars?  Hence, also a difference in the upper
mounting bracket on the shroud??!