Driver side exhaust pipe and E-brake rod clearance

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Driver side exhaust pipe and E-brake rod clearance
From: "JIM McGee" <jimmcgee65@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 22:56:16 -0700
Hey Listers,
Ah, the things you don't consider when you take things apart...
I was attempting to install my emergency brake rod without any load on the
rear wheels.  This put the line of the emergency brake rod right through the
driver side exhaust pipe and thus impossible to install with the car raised
in this way.  So, I was wondering what the proper clearance was between the
e-brake rod and the driver side exhaust pipe when the car is sitting on the
ground.
When my car (tiger) is on the ground, the rod would run just above the
driver side exhaust pipe (as it is installed now).  The problem is if I
raise the rear end of the car without supporting the rear wheels (or become
airborne-god forbid), the rod would come down and strike the driver side
exhaust pipe.
Geez, it's been so long now I can't even remember if the exhaust is suppose
to run above or below the rear axle!  Appretiate the help.

Jim McGee (2.5 yrs of restoration and counting)