RE: Weird messages

To: "'CMeinel464@aol.com'" <CMeinel464@aol.com>, edalsj@igs.net
Subject: RE: Weird messages
From: Sencindiver Jim D NSSC <SencindiverJD@NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 08:46:58 -0400
According to what I've been told, the Klez *irus sends email using someone
on your email directory as the sender.  So the emails are coming from people
OTHER than the person listed as the sender.  Very clever, as it makes
tracking down who has the *irus extremely difficult.

*irus = computer malady that starts with a v (some servers delete email with
that particular word)

Keep on Tigering!

Jim Sencindiver, PMS411C2
Systems Engineering Group