Re: SUCK IN BLOW OUT....

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, <Radialman@aol.com>
Subject: Re: SUCK IN BLOW OUT....
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 22:29:19 -0700
Jeff,
  The "torch ( actually torque) converter" is used on an automatic
transmission in place of the clutch. Since your Tiger doesn't have one the
stall speed of the converter is not an issue. However, your gearbox and
final drive ratios should be given consideration. Likely you have a close
ratio trans and 2:88 gears. Therefore, torque at a lower RPM is more
important than horsepower at a high RPM.
Likely most will recommend an Edelbrock Performer and one of the Edelbrock
of Holley 4 bbl carbs in the 500 CFM range (or possibly slightly smaller
with the 260). From what I'm told and have seen the Performer manifold fits
under the stock Tiger hood (I hope so, I just got one - but it is not
installed yet).
Sorry, I can't help with the headers. Regards, Tom Witt B9470101