Clock ground

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Clock ground
From: stephen jones <joness@wsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 08:51:18 -0700
The CAT dash wiring diagram shows the ground for the electric clock coming
off one of the clamp posts.  Is this where people run their ground from?
Also I read somewhere that a 2 amp fuse is better than the recommended 10
because what kills a clock is a dying battery.  I don't quite understand
how it works but the thing that I read (off a web site on dash clocks,
which I have since lost the location of) said that as the battery goes down
it fries the windings in the clock.  It went on to say that a 2 amp would
blow under the lower volts.  Does this make sense?  It also seems to make
sense then to put a kill switch for the clock under the dash somewhere so
if the car is laid up for a length of time you can flick the juice to the
clock off.

jones,  B9470867