Re: Item # 1834092464

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Item # 1834092464
From: "lewis gooch" <LGOOCH@satx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:29:13 -0500
I sent an email to the builder: "I was wondering if you could give me
some more info about what you mean when you say "Front is Mustang rack and
pinion done right". I am sure other Tiger owners would be interested also.
Thanks for any info you can give.

Here is the answer:

Hi Lewis, Thanks for your interest in the Sunbeam. It is my first build of a
European car. All my other cars are 30s American cars and 60s muscle cars.
As to your question about the front end. I'm not sure the Ford motor will be
as much of an issue as the Chevrolet was for me.(when it comes too the front
end) I had to notch the oil pan around the front cross member (2") so I
could get the motor low enough too clear the hood. This set up a tylemetry
problem with the mustang control arms.(they trailed the spindle perches 4"
and had a upwards lift that was about 3".This created a incredible
bind.After hours of measuring and three trips too the wrecking yard I found
that the spindles off a Chevette had a perfect drop loop (the actual spindle
I could'nt use,but it's trailing arm was perfect) I welded that trailing arm
to the original spindle and it worked perfect. The alignment toe in & toe
out were dead on and there was full stop to stop on the suspension with
nothing lost and no binding. If you like or think it would help when I get
it back I could email pictures of the set up.