Steering

To: "'wittsend@jps.net'" <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Steering
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:31:06 -0400
Tom,
The externally threaded tie rod end may be the Alpine version. I know that
Dale A. at Dales restoration makes a kit that you can adapt a Midget rack to
your car. In that kit he has the hex adapter you were mentioning. I would
consider giving him a call. As for the spindle .... In the collision
industry there are some things you NEVER do. One is repair suspension
components. Once bent, throw it away and find a replacement. It is not worth
the risk of having a failure at speed on the freeway. (Best way to guarantee
a roll-over).

My 2 cents.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak