RE: speedo cable

To: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Subject: RE: speedo cable
From: "Jim Boynton" <jimboynton@attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:06:48 -0400
    "My (non-list) buddy put on a new speedo cable some time back and
shortly
   thereafter developed a pulsing above about 30 MPH.  Seems I read
something on
   here about new cables being too long (and maybe eating the speedo
too?!!)."

Chris,
 I was told by Chris Thompson and Mo Ma (N.M.) that the cables purchased
today were too long and needed to be cut to proper length or they would tear
up the gears inside the speedo. My speedo was bouncing around prior to the
installation of a new cable and rebuilding the speedo. They (Mo Ma) cut the
cable and attached an "O" ring to better anchor the cable end to the speedo
and everything works fine. I know Larry Paulick was also dealing with a
speedo problem recently. I believe I read that Rick had stopped selling
speedo cables for Tigers because of the length problem. Maybe Chris T. and
Larry can add further information. I even have my Tach running now (thanks
to Robert Jaarsma). All gauges running...wow.

Jim