Re: stuck rear end plug

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Chris Mottram" <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: stuck rear end plug
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:46:25 -0700
Chris,
 I don't know that heating the plug will get it out. In theory it will
expand and only get tighter. There is a possibility that you may also start
a fire internally. Not too likely, but possible. I have been told that
propane does not heat fast enough and the two stuck items often wind up with
the same heat value due to the slow process. In any case it is the case you
want to expand not the plug.
 Pulling the rear cover (or even just loosening the bottom) will drain it
(have a W I D E bucket). Then you might better be able to remove the plug.
Not sure how it will help, but you can at least see if the top threads are
burred. Regards, Tom Witt