Six Speed Trans

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Six Speed Trans
From: Gene Sokolowski <tigeriowa@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 21:03:32 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

>From the realm of "what if" ... (I seem to visit there a lot).

I have seen pictures and read threads about installing a Tremec 5 speed
transmission in a Tiger.  Has anyone considered a 6 speed transmission?  I have
read the Borg Warner T56 is a bit clunky to shift since it uses syncro
technology used in the vintage T-10s.  Does anyone have any knowledge of the
Richmond 6 speed?

Wondering if the 6 speed and 5 speed has the same overall length and mounting
requirments and of course same shifter location?

Thanks for the play.

Gene

Gene Sokolowski
4845 Crestview Dr.