TACing Your Tiger

To: Tiger Maill List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: TACing Your Tiger
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 10:11:18 -0400
Hi Group.  I have recieved numerous private emails, last year before
TACFeast, and this year re the TACing at the TE/AE Crab Fest, regarding
the condition of their cars, and if it is worth it to bring them to get
them TACed.

The Tiger is a Fun car.  During the 70's they were used, abused, and put
away wet.  The value also went down to hardly nothing.

Wally Swift (Wally was the Chrysler rep for Tigers on the East Coast),
and his son Jack, told me many times, that in 1967-68, Jack who was a
kid in high school, was given a new Tiger to drive for 500 miles, and
then Chrysler would sell these new Tigers with 500 miles and a warranty
as used cars, for $1700, just to get rid of them.

And they had a hard time getting rid of them, even at that price.

The price of Tigers is just starting, but not fully yet, to go upward,
towards its true value.

People always remember the car fondly, Get Smart, Poor Man's Cobra, My
Neighbor had one, can I seen the engine, and the one I love, the really
good looking young girls say, Hey Mister, What Kind of Car is That, It's
Really Cute.

Well, in my experience, most of the "Cute Tigers" started a rebirth as
something the wife wanted to have towed to the junk yard.

What's the point of all this and TACing?

If you like the car, want to have it inspected, certified and registered
as a Tiger, then don't worry about the condition, or what someone may
think.  Most of the Tiger owners will start telling you stories, about
what a piece of rusty junk theirs started out as, before they restored
it, or are in the process of restoring.

You will have lots of company and help to get your Tiger going again.

And if you don't really know, but think it is a Tiger, then what better
time to have it inspected, then Before you put money into restoration.
If it is in rough shape, it was probably one of those cars put away wet
in the 70's and 80's.

Get your Tigers TACed, whatever the shape of the car, or distance you
have to drag it.  You will not regret it, and it will be the best $10
you ever spent.  Bragging rights, if nothing else.

And if I am there, I will bore you with the 3" thick book of photos of
my Ugly Duckling, turned into a Swan, and a Fast Swan at that.

Larry