All Bogged Down

Subject: All Bogged Down
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2002 13:26:40 -0700
I just spoke to Holley tech. service about my "bog" off idle, plus the
fact that my accelerator pump is seeping fuel out the front of my carb
(recent development). The very helpful tech guy said that this alone
could well cause a serious bog on applying the pedal. I had had the pump
off a couple of days ago to check the gasket and all appeared OK so I
re-installed it. It seemed better but is leaking again so I called
Holley. The tech said that even a small pinhole (so small you can't
easily see) can cause fuel to leak out the gasket and in this condition
the accelerator pump would not be delivering fuel where its supposed to
on acceleration. He said before I mess about any more with distributor
springs, etc., to replace the pump diaphram (which they're sending to me
no charge) and he bets this will cure the bog. I'll report back to the
list.

Steve Sage
Tiger MK1A 289