Re: Leaky Holley Carb Question

To: DAVID GREEN <alpdavegre@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Leaky Holley Carb Question
From: Steve Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:06:55 -0700
DAVID GREEN wrote:

> Steve,
>
> When you take off the accel pump cover again use a straight edge on
> the sealing surface of the cover. It could be warped from over
> tightening. If it is you may have to get another cover or try taping
> the cover back to flat with a hammer & punch on opposite side of cover
> on a flat surface. Just be careful and don't hit it with alot of force
> or you will cave it in or warp it the other way. Hope this helps.
> Dave Green (still work'in on the Mk1.)

Hello David:
Another excellent suggestion. I wish I'd checked that before I installed
the new piece tonight! If it ends up leaking too (it's late so I didn't
want to keep the neighbors up and run the Tiger too long or rev it up
too high to test the pump piece), I'll take it apart again and try that.

I did notice on close inspection that the new two color (green and
black) accelerator pump gasket/bowl that Holley sent me seems to be a
bit thicker (the gasket material) than both the original and the
replacement I've already tried, and the green material is definitely a
bit softer than the black. Maybe the idea is for that softer material to
push into any imperfections in the sealing surfaces and make a seal.
Time will tell, and I'll report back.

Thanks!

Steve Sage