Re: Goodwood and "our" Le Mans Tiger

To: cthompson@rrinc.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Goodwood and "our" Le Mans Tiger
From: JEwords@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 10:30:18 EDT
Chris:

The Sports Car Forum car is now owned by Steve Silverstein in Mass.

It's a well-documented (and well preserved) car, and I interviewed Don
Sessler and Dan Carmichael (both drove the car) and wrote an article that was
published in Grassroots Motorsports in March 2002. At the Sunbeam Invasion in
Dayton (2001) Don was re-united with the car for the first time in more than
30 years.

You'll find some info about it and other racing Alpines on Steve's Alpine
site: www.racingalpines.org

Look for another article I wrote for GRM on the Tara Florio Tiger now owned
by Dave McDermott. AHP483B was a works car that competed in the 1964 RAC
Rally and the Targa Florio in 1965 -- the only Rootes Group Works Tiger that
ever finished an international race.This article will appear in a couple of
months.

John Webber
B382000334
B382100537