Re: trans-o-rama

To: Chris Hill <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Subject: Re: trans-o-rama
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 15:09:29 -0700
Tigers and Chris.

Not to be repetitive, but I have posted my own personal rationale in the
TU Forum, under "Rootes Workshop Manual Subjects" / "Section E -
Gearbox"/ "Wide Ratio vs T-5".  Just like I preach to others.

"Post it in the Forum, then, next time,  just re-answer the same
questions with it's stored location"

The URL  below, may be more difficult than the english above. (this is a
copy/paste URL, and we will BOTH learn it the "english" location is
better for most.

http://www.tigersunited.com/forum2/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=25&CAT_ID=7&Forum_Title=Section+E+%2D+Gearbox

Chris Hill wrote:

>Oh great list,
>    I'm deciding on drive line issues right now.  I know how many of you feel
>about your wide ratio trans.  I'm going to build a stroker and have to decide
>VERY soon whether to use a 5 or 6 bolt 289 block (have both).  I'm still
>toying with the idea of a T-5, but the adapter plate needed in front of it
>comes for both 5 or 6 bolt bellhousing, so that wouldn't matter.  If parts
>availability or cost are prohibitive, then a quandary.  If I decided to go
>with wide gears, would it be more hassle and money (a big consideration the
>further I go) to :

<-snip->

--

Steve Laifman