MkII Oil Cooler in MkIA

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: MkII Oil Cooler in MkIA
From: "Theodore V. Brown" <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:47:21 -0400
Many years ago I did just what Chris mentioned.  I took an oil cooler from a
wrecked MkII and installed it in my MkIA.  No problem, as it just bolted in,
but my car was pretty late in the run of MkI's (B382002384) so Jensen must
have made a change along the way somewhere.  Perhaps the deletion of the
hand crank tube took place when the change was made to square corners, etc.
If you are looking for a creative way to install the cooler, you could
install it
upside down (blocking the flow to the radiator) like the shop that did the
resto
on my car did!  In any case, I never was able to notice much of an improvement
in heat management with or without the cooler in place.

Tod Brown