Re: LAT 1 Carb

To: "Scott S. Hutchinson" <shutchin@netjets.com>
Subject: Re: LAT 1 Carb
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:49:22 -0800
Yes, that is the Holley number, as I bought one. BUT the other number is
a Ford ID, and I was not aware that Ford ever used this particular carb.
 They have used others, from various manufacturers besides themselves,
but I don't think they used that Holley.

It is a pre-PCV valve design, with no tube for the valve - as latter
models have. That puts it fairly old design.  Although it caused me
grief, trying to figure out what to do with the PCV - which I solved
with a newer base plate from a 600 CFM carb. The correct solution is to
drill and tap the blank boss Edelbrock supplied on the F4B on the left
front runner.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman