Bubbling Over?

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bubbling Over?
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:14:04 -0500
Just because you are loosing coolant does not neccesarily mean you will ever
see it.
The inspiration to overhaul the engine in my car was a mysterious coolant
loss with no leaks. I pressure tested the cooling system tor a WEEK, and
never found any leakage & the coolant did not go down in the tank during
this week, but take the car out on the road & in 20 miles I would be running
hot & low on coolant. I never found any cracks in the heads or block, it
appears the head gaskets were the culprit. After rebuilding the engine,
using all the original major parts, the coolant loss has been eliminated.
The head gaskets did look nasty, but there was no clear coolant path through
the gasket. Sometimes you are not sure until you put the darn thing back
together.

Happy Motoring,
Doug Leithauser