Ron Dykes photos from the 1966 ARRC (Hollywood Sports Car)

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Ron Dykes photos from the 1966 ARRC (Hollywood Sports Car)
From: Steven Silverstein <milano164@attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 12:51:53 -0500
I came across a number of photos of Ron Dykes driving the "Hollywood
Sports
Car" Tiger in the 1966 American Road Race of Champions Yearbook.
Nice images.
It looks like he was really pushing the Shelby GT350 which eventually
won the race.

Speaking of Hollywood Sports Cars, has anybody hear rumors or whatever
happened to
the Hollywood Sports Car Alpine which was prepared to race by Doane
Spencer?
This is the one that was featured in Sports Car Graphic as the project
car (driven by Jerry Titus).

The only information that I have been able to find in all my research
is that it was last raced
by George Cheyne around 1968.   He is the last "official" owner I can
locate.  I have one
a "hint" that the car was or is owned by a guy named "Wallace" in Santa
Monica.

Details about the car:
Electric blue exterior
Red fender wells
Indy style fuel filler in the center of the trunk lid

Keep an eye out for it.  I have a film from the 1963 Sebring race of
the car.  It was really beautiful with the electric
blue and chrome wirewheels.   I would love to see it discovered.

Steve Silverstein