TAC vs Commonsense

To: "Tiger Mail List (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: TAC vs Commonsense
From: Les Mcclelland <les.mcclelland@wcom.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 12:30:17 -0600
Although I know my Tiger is a real Tiger I have not gone to the trouble and
associated expense of driving/hauling it several hundred miles at the least
to have it TAC'ed. So when I sell it, which will probably be next spring, if
the buyer is insistent on it being TAC'ed I will make them this offer...If
they sign a purchase contract dependant upon the Tiger being authenticated
and thus TAC'ed I will make arrangements to fly an inspector to Tulsa to
have the car TAC'ed. If the car is a real Tiger, which of course it is, the
buyer will have agreed to pay for all TAC'ing expenses; i.e. air fare and
lodging, plus of course the purchase of the car. If the car is not
authenticated I will bear these expenses.

Although I see the value of such an authentication process it seems to put
all of the burden of proving the authenticity on the seller and not the
buyer. What do the Shelby Mustang, Chevelle SS, or GTO people do to
authenticate their vehicles before they can be sold. There are many muscle
car clones out there and what it all boils down to is buyer beware. If the
buyer is not sufficiently educated in the points of interest  to
authenticate their purchase maybe they need to go home and do their
homework.

Will I have my car TAC'ed without a signed purchase contract NO.

Les McClelland
Tulsa, OK
65 MK1A
B382000599