SUV bashing

To: Jerold VanderPool <jrv309@inreach.com>
Subject: SUV bashing
From: Larry Blackman <lb7777@wcrtc.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2002 10:56:09 -0500
All this sounds like a typical left wing (left coast) agenda. The first
step in trying to get rid of the internal combustion engine. Like most
all there proposed solutions to what they think is a problem, Tax it.
Example  - don't like for people to smoke, raise the tax on cigarettes.-
to help stop gun ownership,  raise the tax on guns. - people use too
much gas, raise the tax on gasoline. - and on and on. The fellow who is
going to take a Tiger to the salt flats had better be looking for a
powerful electric motor and some light weight batteries. Some day in the
future (if the left wing has it's way) I will take the mufflers off my
Tiger and blast through some residential area so that the dads can tell
their kids what  that was. (while savoring the sound) I might even make
a recording of my Tiger's exhaust to save for posterity.  Thanks to Tony
George for bringing back the V-8 to Indy and to Tom Patton for keeping
the Tiger competitive in SCCA GT-2. At least we have a few good men. Now
back to the subject. Are we really going to let the left wing
environmental wackos control what we drive. I love my Tiger and SUV.
Just a midwestern conservative's 2 cents worth.
Larry