RE: Possessed!

To: geowiz@cox-internet.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Possessed!
From: rhoefle@ctlinc.com
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:21:56 -0500
Jim:
The only thing that is definitely true from your description is the fact
that your switch is not operating properly (i.e., there is a direct
connection between the post to which you have connected the black wire and
the posts that the other wires are on).

What is not so clear is whether your motor is operating at the same speed
regardless of which red wire you connect. However, that question is a
separate issue. For now your problem is simply controlling the ON or OFF
functionality.

By any chance did you take/knock off the wires during any recent work? The
connectors on these switches are not intuitive...that is, it is VERY easy to
get confused about which wire goes on which post. You may have simply
connected them wrong. An Ohmmeter can easily answer that question for you
and may save you the cost of a new switch.

If you didn't touch anything and the wipers were flummoxed when you got
there this morning then your switch has probably succumbed to old age.
Otherwise (i.e., you may have messed up the wires but don't know how to use
a meter) try a few combinations of the wires on the switch. You can't hurt
anything and may find a way that works.

Best Regards,

Rick