Another question ... one of many to come.

To: tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Another question ... one of many to come.
From: Gene Sokolowski <tigeriowa@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 21:06:20 -0800 (PST)
Hello Gals and Guys,

First of all Happy Holidays to all!

I FINALLY got down to re-starting restoration work today on my MK-1 Tiger after
several long months of helping on other car projects.

I can't remember the gentleman who wrote me several months ago saying he had
written an article on rebuilding the Tiger steering column.  If you read this,
please contact me again,  I thought I had saved the posting but can't seem to
find it.

I am considering have several pieces powder coated instead of painting them:
rear end housing and brake backing plates
steering column (outer tube)
Wings and hatch door that enclose the soft top when it is stowed (I can't find
names for these items in the repair manual ... someone can help me with the
correct names.  (Also are replacement chrome trim pieces for the wings
available?)
fan shroud
metal finish covers -- door sides of seats
fuel pump access door

Has anyone had these items or other items powder coated?  I am trying to
consider if all these pieces would get a gloss finish?  Any use a semi-gloss
finish?  (All would be black).  There may be other pieces that I am not
thinking of right now.

Feels good to be working on the project again!

Thanks all,

Gene

Gene Sokolowski
4845 Crestview Dr.