Re: minor windshield washer problem

To: John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>
Subject: Re: minor windshield washer problem
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:33:55 +0000
Hi John,

the other thing to bear in mind is that the nut is intended only to hold
a hand operated button in place and it is sufficient to tighten them
with long nose pliers - were not trying to hold 500 BPH conrods in place
here unless Arnie Schwartzeneger is doing a re-run of Commando and its
raining in CA !!! The washer force is a push against the brass nut (on
an alloy thread) not a twisting action.

regards

Jeff

In message <3DFFAE68.CDA10011@igs.net>, John Slade <edalsj@igs.net>