RE: Happy Christmas

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Happy Christmas
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:22:32 -0800
   Just a word of warning. For 5 years I have not run any anti virus software.
I simply deleted anything that looked suspicious and never had a problem.
Well..... until the other day. All I did was right-click on the obvious virus
containing email to bring up the "delete" prompt and it launched itself. This
became immediately noticible by the fact that my modem lights went full
throttle.
    I promptly shut down, put the drive in another computer as an auxilary,
got online and scanned the drive (free online scan) and removed the virus. I
also had to reloaded software in the programs where the virus attached itself
(it was found in 8 files). Total time spent was about 4 hours. I made haste to
purchase anti virus software and now find that I am receiving viruses 1-3 a
day. Some have told me you can't launch the virus by deleting it, but I will
contest that. When you least expect it, Expect It!

Tom Witt B9470101