VINs

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: VINs
From: "Paul R. Breuhan" <prbreuhan@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:03:10 -0500
Hello All,
I was wondering if the VIN number is stamped anywhere on a tiger body/frame?
I know Chrysler did it in several spots in the 1960s, so I wondered if there
was any way to ID a Tiger without the VIN plate...

I am looking to buy a Tiger and a gentleman from Georgia sent me some
pictures and I noticed the VIN plate was missing from the cowl...he also
sent me a copy of the title for the car...VIN 382001370...

Evidently things are really relaxed down in Georgia, the title is from
Michigan and you don't need a title (or VIN plate?) for older cars...

Anyone know anything about this car? or been in a similar VIN situation? if
the car could pass a TAC inspection would the car be worth buying?

Also I am leaning against buying the car because of this...

Any help on this subject would be appreciated...or leads for me to buy a
$10K to $15K Tiger would be nice...

Paul