oil pan

To: "'asugar@hwageo.com'" <asugar@hwageo.com>
Subject: oil pan
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 22:58:48 -0500
Arni,
I ran the Aviaid Pan with Tiger headers with NO fitment issues to the
exhaust. I did have a slight clearance issue with the crossmember but it was
very easy to correct. It did not exactly interfere but was only one eighth
of an inch away and limited the engine centering that I wanted to get the
best header clearance. I am happy with my pan but I am fighting a pan leak
as I used the one piece rubber seal and it is not adequate at the rear of
the pan to seal around the main saddle. I will be going to a standard gasket
later as this is what the pan is designed for. I did not think it would
matter but Murphy's law prevails. I will be starting the install and dyno
article on the stroker later this month. ..... once I get to the dyno and
drag strip. Oh by the way .... It cleared a 3.425 stroke with Lunati Street
race forged rods just fine. The scraper is not a crank scraper in the usual
sense. It is just a cutout in the windage tray that sheers the oil serpent
from encircling the crank.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.