Re: Clutch

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Clutch
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 16:22:45 -0800
Well, Mayf,

We (my Kiwi mechanic, with me cheering him on and keeping out of his
way) were able to pull the transmission and change it for a Mk II
without touching anything on the engine except the bell housing attach
bolts.  Of course a wobbly extension to get that bolt at the top is a
required tool.  Maybe your mechanic didn't know this.

I won't say it was easy, as the drive shaft must be detached at the axle
to move it back, the rear motor mount unbolted, and the bell housing
detached to allow it to clear the tranny coming out.  But it was not
anywhere near as big a deal as pulling a motor.

One thing, though. That tranny is one heavy piece of iron. ;-)

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor