Re: High Performance Water Pumps

To: Sjhcobra1@cs.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: High Performance Water Pumps
From: Veeseeoso@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:04:25 EST
Hello Steve and Listers,

If you are looking for strength, longevity and performance, do not go with
the Flow Kooler water pump. It is basically a stock casting, stock shaft and
stock bearings with a modified impeller. I have already worn one out in less
than 3 summers.

I have no experience with the Milodon water pump.

Stewert water pumps (except the high performance one which will not work on a
stock Tiger) are also only an impeller modification.

I do suggest the #8841 (for the non HiPo) Edelbrock Victor water pump. It has
a superior casting, larger diameter shaft, heavy duty bearings and a high
flow close tolerance impeller. Since it is a relative _itch to work on any
Tiger, it's worth the $ to do it once, correctly, the first time!

May I also suggest that you invest in a high flow (larger orifice) Robert
Shaw or Mr Gasket thermostat to let your high flow (or stock) water pump do
its job better.

The hub does need to be pressed almost all the way to the casting.

Respectfully submitted,
Henry Vicioso