RE: Desk top Dyno fun

To: "'Frank Marrone'" <itswonderful@attbi.com>,
Subject: RE: Desk top Dyno fun
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.Ronak@AkzoNobel.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:23:10 -0500
I think that Bob and the others are on to the reasons for the difference and
theoretical CFM is usually different than actual CFM. An example
The HP differences may be related to volume and the actual signal drop
created by the 2 different displacement engines. Or, it could be to the
exponential load that the "larger" reciprocating mass has to accelerate and
decelerate. I don't know that I buy that a small inch motor make more power
up high. I would buy that the higher the RPM on a Big motor the larger the
HP "cost" of the related inertia stresses. So I guess I would say that all
thing equal a "big" motor makes less power up high rather than a little
motor makes more power up high. The reason I think is likely due to a slower
build up of the reciprocating mass "costs" in the lighter, shorter stroke
engine.
My choice though was the most stroke (displacement) I could get out of my
5.0 block and low RPM. I am sick of busting parts with 8000 RPM screamers
that make no power off idle. My little Ford 350 is a real stump puller under
6000 RPM and has plenty of power for me. Can almost pop the clutch at idle
without stalling the engine...... well almost:)

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Business Development Manager
Akzo Nobel Coatings
Off: (949) 305-5393
Fx: (425) 955-6268
Cell: (949) 289-3357
email: timothy.ronak@akzonobel.com
VM: (800) 234-6747 ext. 2257#

This message, including attachments, is confidential and may be privileged.
If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete
and destroy the original message and all copies. You should not copy,
forward and/or disclose this message, in whole or in part, without
permission of the sender.