FW: What, no Sunbeams!?!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: What, no Sunbeams!?!
From: "Jim Blackwood" <jblackwood5@insightbb.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 07:42:02 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Blackwood [mailto:jblackwood5@insightbb.com]
Sent: Friday, February 28, 2003 7:41 AM
To: 'owner-tigers@autox.team.ne'

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Blackwood [mailto:jblackwood5@insightbb.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 7:45 PM
To: 'itswonderful@attbi.com'
Subject: RE: What, no Sunbeams!?!

So far, no, but that should change. Aren't all that many of you guys
around, and so far as I know none of you have subscribed to the
newsletter, so allow me to give you some background. The British V-8
Newsletter began life under the guidance of Kurt Schley as the MG V-8
Newsletter, morphing into its current format as responsibility for it
moved from Kurt in a roundabout way to Dan Masters. Originally conceived
as a means of exchanging information for those converting MGB's to V-8
power, Dan who also has a V-8 Triumph (I think, don't hold me to it)
thought the newsletter would have a broader appeal if it also included
other British makes. Up to that point it had not been exclusively MG
oriented, but in the last year or so has placed increasing emphasis on
other makes. This means of course, that the time is ripe for a Tiger
feature. The newsletter now comes out three times a year. My suggestion
is for someone who has the time to do it to submit a writeup to Dan,
along with some photos (the more the better), maybe some of the car's
history, any modifications, any particularly useful or interesting
things discovered during restoration, etc. I'm quite sure the readers
would be interested. BTW, for those of you who have developed things
like the tach circuit, intermittent wipers and such, these readers are
among the MGB owners most likely to use your products and I think
advertising rates are low. So on behalf of that readership I'd like to
welcome every one of you. (As one of the contributors of articles I
think I'm entitled to do that.)

Jim

Also, the British V-8 meet this spring is in Tennessee, and one
highlight is a drive of the "Dragon", a truly unique stretch of road
very well matched to these cars. Practically world famous for its
incredible number of curves, it's a drive that promises to be most
enjoyable. Naturally you are all invited.