Re: Union Jack

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>,
Subject: Re: Union Jack
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:26:22 -0800
Jim,

Unfortunately, we here in California have long been flaunting fate by
not having the legally required front plates.  They used to cite sports
cars for it all the time, but were too busy, lately. having chases with
police and TV helicopters now.

However, we have digital cameras and sensors installed at lighted
intersections (many) to catch those who try to squeeze the yellow and
make the crossing into the pedestrian lane when the light is red.  Their
face and front plates are auto taken.  This is a real money generator,
as the company that installs them gets a big cut of each LARGE ticket
written (like $250/first offense).  Therefore the LAPD depends on that
cash flow portion, so are gang-busters on enforcing plate laws.

For you, these are available at English web sites, if not local ones.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor