Booster Info Too

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Booster Info Too
From: Packertl3@aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 19:58:35 EST
My car just began the same symptom as Jim's - brake fluid low with no sign of
leaks or use anywhere (including the driver's footwell). I wondered if fluid
was getting sucked back the vacuum hose into the manifold and burned or might
be accumulating somewhere so I took the booster (original Girling) apart to
inspect, clean, lube etc. The bore and seal seem to be in real good shape so
wondered if anyone can enlighten me specifically where the booster fails such
that it begins eating fluid? I'll be monitoring the situation to see if the
problem persists. But if it is the booster it would be a great help to know
specifically which component to suspect.
Thanks for any help.
Terry Packer
9470018