Re: speedometer

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@cox-internet.com>,
Subject: Re: speedometer
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:19:28 -0800
Jim,

the Tiger speedo cable, and housing, are all Ford parts, though of
specific length. Most speedo shops build inner cores to match the
removed one. The trick is twofold.  1) To convince the speedo shop that
this is NOT British cable, but FORD cable (which they do stock). Second
is to assure you have the right length, as too long can destroy the
inner bearing with too much tightened pressure.  Usually matching the
length of the old core is sufficient, IF the outer sheath at the speedo
end has not slipped out of it's original location.

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor