Smog Fools

Subject: Smog Fools
From: ssage@socal.rr.com
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 11:51:10 -0800
With the recent mention about the "#$$%%!"  (translation: not a genius)
in the California legislature who is trying to require that over 30 year
old, daily driven cars be required again to pass smog tests, is there
any new news on the subject? Since I do drive my Tiger every day and
might be one of the few subject to such testing, this is a concern. I'm
sure a Tiger, off the showroom floor in 1967, with the factory offered
performace options (4bbl, headers, cam, etc.) of the day, would have no
way of passing modern smog tests.

The next question would be how the state smog bureaucrats would be able
to know how many miles a year any particular 30 year old car drove a
year anyway??

Finally, if anyone knows, what is the name (and address, for a letter to
express my views) of the legislator pushing this bill?

Thanks!
Steve Sage