260 V-8

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: 260 V-8
From: "Tom Brandt" <tbrandt@cox-internet.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 18:31:28 -0600
Jim

   According to Norm Miller, B9470099 was completed on 64/07/10, or July 10,
1964. My information is that the 260 engines Lee Iacoca sent to Britain were
assembled by the industrial division of FoMoCo and shipped by sea to London.
The Tom Monroe book on page 36 and 37 has a timeline of 221 to 302 and even
351 engines. It also says the 260 only had the 1.67" 1.45" valves. Only the
289's got the increased intake valve sizes. One reason, I suspect, was
clearance on the 3.80 inch bores. For this reason, it is not recommended to
use large valve aftermarket heads with the 260. That is one reason most people
go to the 289 or 302.

Tom