article

To: "tiger list" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: article
From: "Sharon Mountjoy" <mtjoy@telis.org>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 11:24:42 -0800
Listers,

Thanks for the kind words regarding my article.  It has been in the works with
Steve Laifman almost from the day I returned home from the "expedition".  One
of the things that took the publishing so long in coming was that, as you can
see from the various photo credits, I didn't have a lot of photo scrap of my
own to work with and needed to rely upon others.  Over time photos came in and
began to give a picture (pardon the pun) of the events without too many gaps.

Steve (Mr. Behind the Scenes) deserves all the credit for editing, and
re-editing, and re-editing...  Each time some pictures would come in I'd
e-mail Steve to tell him we would have to re-do an area of the story.  To
illustrate this I got some photos yesterday that would have made a fine
contribution to the story.  But that's why it's never over, right?

This story could not have been compiled without the photographs, as well as
the support and assistance from these enthusiasts and friends:
Sharon, my lovely wife.
Steven Alcala, an incredible restorer and caregiver for N: 9.
Bob Cranham, for his new enthusiasm to the Tiger world.
Justin Harrington,  for that lovely Friday afternoon conversation.
Steve Laifman, who said he'd always be there for this project, and was.
Gordon Palmer, for getting N: 9 to and from Europe.
Peter Phelps, who cared enough to make the trip from the States.
Derek Procter, with his incredible support for his father, Peter.
Jim Schrender, STOC enthusiast.
Linzi Smart, for knowing what "comfort food" is.
Ken Smith, for being my life-long friend who is always there, good times or
not.
Carl Soderquist, for being my life-long friend who is always there, good times
or not.
Erik van der Shaff,  for so much enthusiasm and for his Race Fotos in the
Netherlands.
Ian Voller, STOC enthusiast.
Dan Walters, for his 20-hour days and meticulous approach.
Sarah Werner, for being my life-long friend who is always there, good times or
not.

Darrell