Front End help

To: "Tiger Owners" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front End help
From: "Allan Connell, Jr" <alcon@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:00:26 -0700
Tiger Team,

I dont seem to get any more emails from the list..and the digest shows it
active.  I wonder if I have been inadvertently dropped from the listcould
it have happened when my mailbox got full a couple of weeks ago?  Just on
the odd chance this is correct, please hit Reply All if you can help.

Over the last few years, I have been collecting all of the bits, save the MG
Midget rack, to rebuild the front end on my Tiger.  As I am very busy with
work and have a friend who runs a restoration shop who is not too busy at
the time, he accepted the task of the re-build.  Apparently all turned out
well except for a couple of things: 1) in hard right turns, it sounds as
though there is rubber rubbing against something for a brief moment, and 2)
the clearance between the steering arms and the 13 inch mag rims is a paltry
1/32 inch.

Heres what was replaced: Upper and lower ball joints, MGA steering arms for
the stock (with a 7/8 inch spacer rather than > inch spacer that was called
for in the directions,) Delrin bushings and new fulcrum pins.  Like I
mentioned, I chose not to replace the stock rack with the MG Midget rack at
this time.

Though I have not driven the car, my friend tells me it has dramatically
improved steering that is much lighter and has a dramatically better
tendency to self-center after a turn.  The only problems he sees right now
are as mentioned before, the rubbing sound in a hard right turn and the fact
that the tie-rod ends are about 1/32 of an inch from the rims on the 13 inch
mag wheels.  He also feels the car will need a little more negative camber,
which he hopes the alignment shop will be able to produce when he takes it
to them on Wednesday.

Any thoughts oh, you minions of Tigerdom?  Remember to hit the Reply All
button as I think I am off the list.

Thanks in advance,

AC