RE: Speedo Gear...for 2.88 gear set

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedo Gear...for 2.88 gear set
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:08:58 -0400
Steve
        There are many factors that can give you a wrong speed indication;
speedometer, speedo cable gear sets, differential ratio, and tire size.

        The first thing to ask, is my speedometer reading correctly?  To
check this I bought a stop watch and timed the mileage markers on the
expressway.   Yes my speedometer was reading wrong so I adjusted the
speedometer needle to read 60 mph correctly.   That will give me one correct
speed reading, but I think I will keep the stop watch with me in the car to
check the speed at
65 mph and 70 mph.

Ron Fraser