Sourcing some intact and working reverse lights for a Series IV

Subject: Sourcing some intact and working reverse lights for a Series IV
From: "William van Zwanenberg" <willvz@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 22:11:40 +0100
Does anybody know of (or better still, have available and be willing to
sell), where I might source some original Rootes specification reverse
lights for s Series IV Alpine?

I know some recently became available via eBay but as a result of a
protracted discussion involving the SAOCA and the vendor, I managed to
establish that these particular lights are incomplete - that is that
they're missing their bases plus their rubber gaskets - and in pretty
poor condition. Given that I've already tried contacting all the more
reputable Alpine parts dealers here in the UK to find that they don't
have any available plus I've been to a couple of Autojumbles and have
had no success, I don't really know what else I can do in order to
obtain one.

If any of the British readers of this mailing list has a set of lights
that they would be willing to let me have in order to be copied, I would
be would not be averse to paying them a small sum to have this done. My
only other thought is that if somebody were by some miracle or other to
have some original Rootes blueprints or at least know where I could get
hold of some, for these lights that they would be willing to let me have
in order to pass onto an engineering firm in order to make up, again I
would not be averse to paying them a small sum to let me have these.

So far, the only route I haven't tried is to contact some of the
American parts suppliers to see if they have any but before I do that, I
thought I might post a message here to see if anyone can help.

William

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure" - Vice President Dan
Quayle.

------------------------------
William van Zwanenberg
40a Mildmay Grove South