Re: Sunbeam Specialties

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Colin Mills" <colin.mills@bluewin.ch>
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Specialties
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 16:33:40 -0700
Colin,
  I have also used the phone for most of my orders. Last Summer I was
vacationing in the area and actually stopped by to purchase parts. SS is a
very stealthy place (no name to be found anywhere). In fact, if I recall
correctly I even struggled to find the address numbers on the building and
for that matter only found the address number once I could get to a local
phone book. An internet search would not produce the location. I ambled in
the side door (they did seem a bit suprized that I found them) and they did
sell me what I needed. Rick returned from lunch while I was there and was
very personable.
     I think that just like the Alpine/Tiger is no modern car so SS is more
of a "Mayberry" kind of business. They may have a web site and email, but it
is my opinion that they do so reluctantly. I think like owning an
Alpine/Tiger they prefer to do things "the old fashion way." Perhaps,
though, if addressed properly this very issue might inspire them to "kick it
up a notch" as far as it regards this E-World we live in.
Tom Witt B9470101