The Original English/American Engine car

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Original English/American Engine car
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 11:37:44 -0700
Tigers,

While we love our cross oceanic hybrid, as well as Shelby's "other" car,
he was not the first.

In "My Day"  I drove these cars linked below, and it was a killer.  Want
to see, arguably, the FIRST series production English chassis with an
American engine(s) mated.

http://www.allardj2x.com

and look at the original and the current version.  This would really
excite you behind the wheel. Original model had split Ford I-beam front
suspension and De Dion  Rear with Ford flathead, Cadillac V-8, Chrysler
Hemi, etc. under that long hood.  Front end steering was "very light" at
around 100 mph, as the front wheels were leaving the ground. {8-0

"Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear. From out of
the past the thunder of mighty hooves and the cry "Hi Ho, Silver,
Away!!!" (or as close as I can remember)

Steve

--

Steve Laifman
Editor