June 1st British Car Week rallye & picnic

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: June 1st British Car Week rallye & picnic
From: "Olson, Mark W" <mark.w.olson@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:56:20 -0700
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 21:10:22 EDT
To: vtr@autox.team.net, tvr@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net,
  tigers@autox.team.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net, marcos@autox.team.net,
  morgans@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net,
  alpines@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net,
  rfeibusch1@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net,
  spitfires@autox.team.net, mini-list@autox.team.net,
  vintage-race@autox.team.net, rolls-bentley@autox.team.net

OK--here's the final plug for this event:  The long-range weather forecast
for next weekend is looking good--no rain forecast!  Please plan to attend!

Best--Michael Oritt

CELEBRATE "BRITISH CAR WEEK IN SOUTHERN MARYLAND"
SUNDAY, JUNE 1ST, 2003--RAIN OR SHINE

UPDATED PAGE!

The Second Annual celebration of British Car Week in Southern Maryland will
take place at Little Cove Farm in Saint Leonard, MD.on Sunday, June 1st, 2003.
We again invite the entire British Car community to take a pleasant drive in
the lovely Southern Maryland countryside and join us for a relaxed, free-form
picnic with other LBC (Little British Car) owners and their families. And on
your way down you're also welcome to participate in "The Great Patuxent Valley
Rallye" which will start that morning near Upper Marlboro, MD. and end at the
farm front gate.

The main event is a picnic at Little Cove Farm, and all are invited to pack
family and/or pets aboard, bring whatever they may want to eat, drink and play
with, and come out for a day of fun and fellowship with others who enjoy
driving and owning vintage vehicles. This year we will be setting up large
tents
and picnic tables to provide shade and comfortable seating. We'll also have
more
to do and enjoy: Live music ("Fiddler Miriam" O'Conner and the Joe Curta
Band), hayrides, nature walks, a beekeeper's exhibit, etc. If you're coming
directly to the picnic, arrive anytime after 10:00 A.M.

Mary and I are supporters of the local hospice agency, CALVERT HOSPICE. We
have placed miniature Hospice Houses at the entrance to the farm and at our
house. We ask, in the spirit of community and doing for others, that you
please
consider making a donation to the Calvert Hospice House Building Campaign.
When
built, this new Hospice House will serve the community to provide care for
those terminally ill who cannot afford it. You can put your donation in the
front
door of the miniature Hospice Houses on the way in or at the house. We thank
you so very much.

The rallye is of the "Observation" type--there are no distances to measure,
average speeds to maintain or the like. Rather, you'll be given a set of
simple
driving instructions and asked to supply answers to questions relating to
what you will see along the 50-mile course. All you need to bring is a pencil
and
a sense of humor--you can even run it without a navigator, but having someone
to help you find the answers will be more fun. Rallye Drivers can get an
early start any time after 9:30 AM-last car out by 10:15 AM-just show up at
the
Marlboro Crossing Shopping Center in front of the Giant Store-The Rallye will
take about 1-1/2 hours to run on rural roads along the shores of the Patuxent
River in Southern Maryland's lovely countryside. The course ends at our farm
and
awards will be presented at the picnic during the afternoon.

Last year we had about 65 cars--This year we are expecting many more, and you
can help make it so: Pass the word along to your friends and fellow car-club
members, and have this event placed on your club's calendar and in its
newsletter: The web address for this page is: <A
HREF="http://www.chesapeake.net/%7Eoritt/%20";>www.chesapeake.net/~oritt/ </A>

TO REACH THE PICNIC:  Saint Leonard, MD, is about midway between Prince
Frederick and Solomons Island on Route 4 (less than an hour from the Capital
Beltway or Annapolis). Turn west off of Route 4 at Parran Road, go about 1
mile to a
T-intersection at Mackall Road, turn left and go 2 miles to Garrity Road,
turn left and go 1/4 mile to Little Cove Farm at 2455 Garrity Road -- Just
follow
the British flags!

TO REACH THE RALLYE:  From Route 4 and US 301 (near Upper Marlboro) go south
on 301 about 1/10 mile and enter the Giant Supermarket parking lot (east side
of 301). The Driver's Meeting will commence at 10:00 AM and cars will start
immediately thereafter. Driving the rallye will take about an hour and a half
and the course ends at the farm -- We guarantee that you can't get lost!

We look forward to seeing you--Michael and Mary Oritt.  For further
information email us at:  <A HREF="http:///";>awgertoo@aol.com</A><A
HREF="http://www.chesapeake.net/~oritt/contactus.htm";> </A>

This page was updated May 19th - No further updates are expected, and this
event will happen