Trunk piece question

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Trunk piece question
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 09:02:23 -0500
Hey, guys:

I know this may seem trivial but, hey...I'm a trivial kind of guy.  I'm in the
process of freshening up my trunk an am down to the strip of wood that the
battery rests against on the right rear frame rail.  Evidently, the last time
the car was painted, the painter left the wood strip connected to the car and
just painted right over it.  In the interest of originality, I'd like to be
able to save it, but it's got a ton of paint on it.  My question is
this...what kind of wood is it?  Is it worth trying to restore it or should I
make a new one?  I don't mind making a new one as long as I can use the
correct material.

As usual, thanks in advance for any help and/or advice that anyone can give.

Take care,
Andy Walker
B382001600LRXFE