Re: Ignition

To: "Scott Hutchinson" <shutchin@netjets.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 15:59:32 -0700
The resistor limits the voltage to the coil. Since it is in series it drops
the voltage to around 9 or 10 volts at the coil. Remember that these were
designed about a million years ago and coil materials were not as good then.
Newer stuff can probably handle the full voltage. Notice that the setup has
the ful voltage during cranking because the starter drags the volage down
some anyway.

mayf