RE: Major Frustration and a Question

To: "'Stuart Brennan'" <stubrennan@attbi.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Major Frustration and a Question
From: "ron fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.biz>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:29:29 -0400
Stu
        It's hard to see exactly how the cable is attached but my best guess
is that the cable is swaged into the threaded part.   I say that because
solder or brazing will create high stress in the cable and lead to premature
failure.
        I would use penetrating oil first, or take the cable off and soak it
in oil for a day or two.   I would use heat as a last resort and only off
the car.
        Use some Never-Seize when you put it back together and you might
want to use some stainless steel safety wire on that pin so it can not stray
again.

Ron Fraser