Re: Off Topic A/C Question...wierd stuff

To: VegasLegal@aol.com
Subject: Re: Off Topic A/C Question...wierd stuff
From: Steve Sage <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 23:32:27 -0700
VegasLegal@aol.com wrote:

>Here's a bit of a different take.  An uncle of mine in refrigeration once
>informed me that he ran propane (YES PROPANE) in all his vehicle air
>conditioning systems.

Tigers:
I've heard that propane makes an excellent A/C refrigerant, probably
better than R12 and for sure better than 134. There's only one little
problem with it. A collision, or a leak in the system, one little spark,
and KABOOM!!!! You'll be enjoying your air conditioning in the next world!

There's very little chance that anything being sold as R12 (by reputable
sources, anyway) has any propane, or anything else than R12 in it. When
an AC shop pulls the freon (R12) out of your AC system, as it was from
mine today, it is tested to make sure it's R12 and nothing else.

Steve Sage