British Car Day and black rings

To: Tigers Group <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: British Car Day and black rings
From: Rande Bellman <rande@thecia.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 23:06:47 -0400
First,

Thanks to Stu Brennan, Dave Kellogg, Mr+MrsDave Twombly, and Dana &
Marlena Freeman for helping with British Car Day at Boston's Museum of
Transportation. We had something like 150+ cars on Sunday.

Mr Twombly brought his super white Mark 1 with LAT 70's, and The
Freeman's brought their very original BRG 1A that they've owned since
1967. Stu intended to bring his 1A, but something in the e-brake linkage
decided to pose a problem as he was leaving for the show, so it was left
in the driveway unlike previous shows.

I hate to bring the trivial subject of the black versus chrome shifter
rings up again, but I was such a doubting Thomas about the black rings,
that I should mention this.

Dana's car was the first  Tiger I ever saw, and that was in 1967 when I
was just learning to drive. Since then, I've probably seen his car a
hundred times if at all. I've photographed it many times. Don't you
think I would have noticed the black shifter ring before last weekend?
You would be wrong. The car is as original looking as the blue Mark 2 on
eBay, and it has a black ring.

Oh, I should mention that it won Best Sunbeam at BCD.

Rande Bellman
B382000048