Parts Re- Assembly in Work

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Parts Re- Assembly in Work
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 17:48:51 -0700
Well, I have decided that the paint is good enough for a race car. I will
never be a painter and this just has to be good enough. At least I wont
worry about it getting dinged. I have put the headlight rims with my home
made intrnals, back on. I have installed the tail light assemblies (they
don't have to be functional). I have put the front aluminum grill closure
back on with the grill surround ring. HAve installed the grill bar center
piece with the lion or dog or what ever that critter is. I have reinstalled
the gas cap although it iis show only but not show quality. I have
reinstalled the hood hinges. I have found the bolts for the tunk lid latch.
I have installed the fire bottle rack. I found and installed the hood holder
rod rubber keeper (big deal... 1 second to install).

I have all the parts for the turn signal assemblies except for new sheet
metal nuts and screws. These, like the tail lights are non functional. But
gonna look spiffy.  I have only found one door handle but both of the gasket
sets for both. The other door handle is probably up in storage, sigh. I have
a couple of old trunk hinges that will work with the gaskets. I have all the
sunbeal letters for the trunk lid but need to get the spring nuts to secure
them. I have most of the old ones but want new...I can get them at ACE
hardware, go figure... Then it is the brake master cyl and mount and brake
lines. All made, just install for the last time (said hopefully). Re install
the rack on pinion. Install the front suspension struts and lower A arms for
the last time. Install the seat. Mounts and everything are already made.
Install the instrument panel and wiring assemblies. Rear water tank and
battery mount/box. Do a safety check on all witing with 9 volt battery
before I connect anything.

Monday I'll start on...

mayf, in Pahrump where it was 114 today according to my truck which has been
very accurate...