Re: Purchasing a shop Press?

To: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>, "Tiger List"
Subject: Re: Purchasing a shop Press?
From: "Kathy and Erich Coiner" <kathy.coiner@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 11:13:08 -0700
The tonnage on the press is not as important as the stroke of the ram and
the size of the frame.  Pick the unit with maximum stroke. It is very
annoying to press a few inches and then have to release the ram and add a
spacer and resume pressing.
 Make sure the frame is wide enough to fit the items you want to press.
Like engines there is no replacement for size (Or.....Bigger is better)

Erich